Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Work Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 13 October, 2021
How would you like to work with an Australian Founded, Multiple award -winning International Organization with offices around the world? With the Head office in Sydney, Australia, tna is an innovative and successful integrated packaging & processing solutions company with over 14,000 system installed across 120+ countries.
Click on www.tnasolutions.com to learn more about the organization.
About the Role
This role is responsible for designing food processing machinery & systems, using creativity to develop innovative approaches while ensuring optimum customer service and satisfaction.
- Design and develop machinery to meet performance, operational and cost specifications.
- Development includes assembly, commissioning, testing & ongoing refinement.
- Liaise with and establish excellent relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and internal departments
- Continually identify, implement, monitor and update processes & practices to ensure a high standard of consistency with design philosophies
- Generate designs and drawings that are of optimum quality. Consider all upstream and downstream effects on the business, internal customers and end users
- Manage design projects ensuring all milestones are met as per the schedule
- Assist with and provide high level support to the customer and the team
- Work closely with manufacturing, ensuring you are a key team member in transitioning new designs through documentation, prototyping, timely production and testing
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 3 to 5 years design experience – in special purpose machine design or manufacturing related field
- Knowledge of Vault & PDM system
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D modelling – Autodesk Inventor Preferred
- Design of sheet metal parts & weldments is preferred
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Exposure to the food and packaging industry is preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills – able to build relationships both internally and externally
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to make decisions individually and collaboratively
- Time planning skills
- Ability to produce documentation of a level suitable for manufacturing & installation personnel
- Logical, pragmatic, and able to think creatively to deliver new solutions
- Ability to travel (10% per quarter)
To be considered for this role:
You must include a cover letter and resume highlighting the required skills/experience, as well as your achievements in the above core responsibilities.
Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applicants who do not include this information.
If you are interested in working with a highly talented team with a family culture built on innovation, then please email the above details to [email protected]