Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 21 September, 2021
How would you like to work with a multiple award-winning International manufacturing company with offices around the world? tna are an innovative and successful integrated packaging & processing solutions company with over 14,000 system installed across 120+ countries. tna design and manufacture high-speed packaging, distribution & processing equipment for the food industry.
Be a part of a values driven family organisation with presence across the globe. An excellent workplace culture that puts people first, with employee benefits including flexible work, market competitive salaries, regular reviews, birthday leave, and many more. We believe in rewarding members for hard work and have a robust reward and recognition program.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Officer in our Alexandria Manufacturing site in Sydney. The role will be responsible to manage all procurement and supplier related activities required to ensure the on-time supply of specification compliant material.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Procure all assigned materials and services required to meet the Production Schedule & customer requirements.
- Maintain all purchase order delivery dates & expedite overdue orders, as required to minimize delays to production or customer requirements.
- Proactive monitoring & maintenance of production shortage lists to ensure delivery of components in line with production requirements.
- Manage the return and rework process with suppliers for damaged or non-compliant material
- Identify opportunities for and prepare supply contracts with key vendors and vendor scheduling where appropriate.
Qualification and experience
- Purchasing or supply chain qualifications are an advantage but not essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of purchasing is essential
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude in fabrication and machining
- Understanding of credit management is advantageous
- Exposure to the manufacturing industry (specifically food and packaging) is advantageous
- Solid knowledge of MRPII based stock control procedures and enterprise systems ERP- Dynamics AX is desirable
- Sound understanding of material supply and distribution chains
- Practical knowledge of purchase order processing
- PC skills including a sound understanding of spreadsheets and their applications within the purchasing and planning environment.
- Self driven; always wanting to improve the current situation and processes; looking ahead to what tasks are coming and works to be prepared for them.
- Identification with tna values including being a team player, passionate, professional, committed, honest and treat people with dignity and respect
If you are interested in working with a highly talented team within a culture built on innovation, then apply now or email your resume to [email protected]
In order to be considered for this role applicants must have permission to work in Australia.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. At this stage, we are not considering introductions from agencies.